I’ve always been an early riser. Maybe it was because my father was, that it rubbed off on me. Maybe it’s genetics.
Either way, I find that waking up early gives me an edge. It could give you an edge as well.
Side note – I’ve always been an early riser, about 6am or so. However over the past few months, I’ve been waking up even earlier, 5am or 4:30am. I’ve been part of a new community “Breakfast with Champions” on Clubhouse, founded by Glenn Lundy. One core part of his mantra is early rising.
Here are some of the benefits of waking up early.
- Never wait for a busy bathroom. In our home we have plenty of bathrooms, however, if you’re home doesn’t, you’ll always have one available if you wake up earlier than everyone else.
- Never be late. If you get used to waking up very early, you won’t have to rush out of the house to catch the train or beat traffic.
- Get more done than others. Those of us who are early risers often have 1 or 2 more hours of productivity we can squeeze in.
- Get your mindset right. Waking up early allows me to have personal devotions (prayer and Bible reading), stretch and pushups, a cup of coffee and overall get my mindset right to start the day
- Early morning is my proactive time
Downside To Early Wakeup
There’s one “downside” to waking up early. If you’re in a home with people who stay up late, you have to budget your “staying up late time”.
Waking up at 4:30am, means it’s probably not too healthy to go to bed at 2am.
What Works for You?
Everybody has a different body type and make-up. You have to find out what works best for you and your body.
If you want to start waking up earlier, and you’re not used to it, it’s going to be hard at first. It’s going to be a challenge.
However the more you do something the easier it gets to do it.
Internal Alarm Clock
At first, you MIGHT have to use an alarm clock to get up. However, I’ve found that over time my body naturally wakes up early, if I go to bed on time.
Waking up early requires having a great sleep.
- Are you sleeping on a comfortable pillow?
- Is your room dark enough? I use an eye mask.
- Is your body well positioned?