Congratulations to three businesses who each won $20,000 from Intuit Quickbooks and Mailchimp. Small business grants are a powerful way for business owners to obtain funding from brands. There’s nothing to repay back and no financial disclosures are needed. Applying for a loan or other traditional financing is quite different.
The three businesses that won the grants are:
- Family Faith Transportation (La Place, LA): Inspired by the experience of his mother, owner Carlton Morris developed Faith Transportation to give increased mobility to the elderly and sick so they can access needed services across southern Louisiana.
- MASS Collective (Atlanta, GA): MASS Collective fills the gap for historically underrepresented and under-funded artists, makers, and artisans in Atlanta by providing professional workshop memberships and classes for craftspeople and artisans of all types.
- No Fear Cafe (Detroit, MI): No Fear Cafe is a community learning center that provides fun and innovative educational programming to children and adults in marginalized communities, giving members the resources and confidence they need to excel.
So how can your business get a grant or “free money” from a large brand?
- Keep your eye open for these contests
- Read the rules of application
- Apply and apply frequently
- Use the products of the brands you’re applying for
Here’s a list of some grants often awarded to small business owners from our friends at Hello Alice
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
Ramon Ray is unapologetically positive. He’s the publisher of Breakfast with Champions BWCDaily.com and ZoneofGenius.com Ramon’s an expert in personal branding and founded Celebrity CEO™ focused on personal branding. He’s a serial entrepreneur who’s started 5 companies and sold three of them. Get to know him better at RamonRay.com