In a particular way, our mindset determines and shapes our reality. Quite a number of people have heard or read about the book “Rich Dad Poor Dad” by Robert Kiyosaki. Robert explained how his two dads shaped his thoughts about money, mindset, and investing.
It shows us how powerful our mindset can be if used correctly. We are often faced with the dilemma of choosing between bad and good options, but sometimes, we choose to make the wrong decisions.
Although, having an abundance or poverty mindset has a lot of “why” factors and affects our decisions. In our day-to-day activities, this mindset would help shape our future if used well.
“See yourself living in abundance, and you will attract it,” says Bob Proctor. It implies you recognize the potential in yourself and others. Consequently, you purposefully push yourself to create the life you desire.
Traits of an abundance mindset:
- You like and enjoy what you already have
- Seeing failure as an opportunity
- Keep Your Company in Mind
- You embrace change
A poverty mentality is an attitude that individuals adopt over time because they believe they will never have enough money. Fear drives this thinking, which can lead to poor financial decisions.
You are setting yourself up for failure if you think so low of yourself. Because your decision-making is weak, the results are limited.
Fear, for example, will instill a lack of confidence, and with it, your targets, if you set them at all, will be insufficient.
How to identify if you have a poverty inclination:
- You avoid your bills and necessary dues
- You never feel as though you have adequate reserves or resources.
- Believing you know it all
- A conviction that you can “lose it all” no matter what you do.
- Constantly seek the lowest solution, even if it is inconvenient.
Related: Stop Underestimating Yourself
To have an abundant mindset, it is necessary to further move into your zone of genius with these tips:
- Examine your views and rewrite them if necessary
- Celebrate your success and achievements and others too
- Donate more to others
- Use abundance mantras, e.g., I am rich, etc.
- Recognize poverty/scarcity thoughts and banish them
Find out more about the abundance in 7 key traits of an Abundance Mindset by Daniel Makota from Positive Mindset Club.
ZoneofGenius.com helps you life a fulfilled life. Our mission is to help you life a life with purpose and happiness leveraging the skills you have. Let’s wake and work (or play) and enjoy doing it.